An alignment mark shall be marked
on yoke and steering gear assembly
to ensure ease during installation.
STEERING GEAR TEST
(1) Check power steering pump for leaks, and for
loose, missing, or damaged mounting hardware.
(2) Lower cab (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(3) Shut down engine (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(4) Raise cab (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(1) Remove bolt and self-locking nut from lower
yoke of steering gear arm. Discard self-
(2) Remove yoke from top steering gear
(3) Remove drag link (para 13-3).
(4) Turn top steering gear assembly shaft to
check for binding and proper output.
Notify DS maintenance if steering gear
assembly fails to turn smoothly or if it
binds when top shaft is turned.
(5) Install drag link (para 13-3).
(6) Position yoke onto top steering gear
(7) Install bolt and self-locking nut into yoke to
secure yoke to top steering gear assembly