STEERING GEAR TEST
An alignment mark shall be made on
yoke and steering gear assembly shaft
prior to disassembly to ensure proper
alignment during installation.
(1) Remove bolt and locknut from lower yoke
of steering gear arm. Discard locknut.
(2) Remove yoke from top steering gear
(3) Remove drag link (para 13-3).
(4) Turn pitman arm to check for binding and
proper output. Notify DS maintenance if
steering gear assembly fails to turn
smoothly or if it binds when top shaft is
(5) Install drag link (para 13-3).
(6) Position yoke on to steering gear assembly.
(7) Install bolt and locknut into yoke to top
steering gear assembly shaft.
(8) Lower cab (TM 9-2320-365-10).