4-13. FUEL/WATER SEPARATOR AND FILTER REPLACEMENT
This task covers:
a. Filter Removal
b. Filter Installation
c. Pump Head Removal
d. Pump Head Installation
e. Follow-On Maintenance
Cab raised (TM 9-2320-365-10).
Batteries disconnected (para 7-48).
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, Genl Mech (Item 44, Appendix C)
Pan, Drain (Item 24, Appendix C)
Cloth, Cleaning (Item 17, Appendix D)
Filter Element, Fluid (Item 14, Appendix G)
Oil, Fuel, Diesel (Item 37, 38, or 39, Appendix D)
Packing, Preformed (2) (Item 177, Appendix G)
Diesel fuel is flammable. If fuel is spilled,
clean it up immediately. Failure to comply
may result in serious injury or death to
a. Filter Removal.
(1) Disconnect connector clamp (1) from fuel/water
separator connector (2).
(2) Disconnect connector P33 (3) from fuel/water separator
(3) Position drain pan under hose (4).
(4) Open drain valve (5) and allow fuel to drain.
(5) Loosen clamp (6) on hose (4).
(6) Remove hose (4) from drain valve (5).