4-15. ETHER STARTING AID REPLACEMENT
This task covers:
a. Ether Cylinder Removal
b. Ether Cylinder Installation
c. Clamp Removal
d. Clamp Installation
e. Ether Valve Removal
f . Ether Valve Installation
g. Follow-On Maintenance
Batteries disconnected (para 7-48).
Spare tire lowered (TM 9-2320-365-10).
Tools and Special Tools
Goggles, Industrial (Item 15, Appendix C)
Tool Kit, Genl Mech (Item 44, Appendix C)
Wrench, Torque, 0-175 lb-ft (Item 57, Appendix C)
Gasket (Item 25, Appendix G)
Nut, Self-Locking (4) (Item 138, Appendix G)
Starting fluid is toxic and highly flamma-
ble. Container is pressurized. NEVER
heat container and NEVER discharge
starting fluid in confined areas or near
open flame. Failure to comply may cause
serious injury or death to personnel.
a. Ether Cylinder Removal.
(1) Remove wingnut (1) from clamp (2).
(2) Remove ether cylinder (3) and gasket (4) from ether
valve (5). Discard gasket.
(3) Remove ether cylinder (3) from clamp (2).
(4) Remove cap (6) from cap retainer (7).
(5) Install cap (6) on ether valve (5).