6-5. THERMOSTAT REPLACEMENT (CONT)
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing com-
pounds can burn easily, can give off
harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin
and clothing. Keep away from open fire
and use in a well-ventilated area.
adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound
immediately with soap and water. Failure
to comply may result in injury to
(1) Apply adhesive to thermostat housing surface (1).
(2) Position thermostat gasket (2) on thermostat housing (1).
(3) Install thermostat (3) with long end up.
(4) Apply adhesive to outlet housing (4) mating surface.
(5) Install outlet housing (4) on thermostat housing (1) with
two washers (5) and screws (6).
c. Follow-On Maintenance.
(1) Lower cab (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(2) Add coolant to bottom of radiator overflow tank filler neck
(3) Check for coolant leaks under vehicle.
(4) Start engine (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(5) Check coolant level after normal operating temperature
is reached. Add coolant as required (TM 9-2320-365-
(6) Raise cab (TM 9-2320-365-10).