6-9. UPPER COOLANT TUBE AND HOSES REPLACEMENT (CONT)
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing com-
pounds can burn easily, can give off
harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin
and clothing. Keep away from open fire
and use in a well-ventilated area.
adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound
immediately with soap and water. Failure
to comply may result in injury to
(12) Apply antiseize compound to threads of water
temperature switch (11).
(13) Install water temperature switch (11) in upper coolant
(14) Connect water temperature switch electrical connector
(12) to connector P36 (13).
(15) Connect connector clamp (14) on water temperature
switch electrical connector (12).
c. Follow-On Maintenance.
(1) Connect batteries (para 7-48).
(2) Add coolant to radiator overflow tank (TM 9-2320-365-
(3) Start engine (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(4) Check for coolant leaks under vehicle.
(5) Remove radiator cap from radiator overflow tank.
(6) Check coolant level after normal operating temperature
is reached. Add coolant as required (TM 9-2320-365-
(7) Install radiator cap on radiator overflow tank.
(8) Raise cab (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(9) Check for coolant leaks around hoses and fittings.
(10) Lower cab (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(11) Shut down engine (TM 9-2320-365-10).
End of Task.