6-13. DRIVE BELT AND TENSION PULLEY REPLACEMENT (CONT)
Perform steps (9) through (13) on vehicles
serial numbers 8426 and lower that have had
fan clutch replaced.
(9) Install grommet (12) on engine fan (13).
(10) Install fan support plate (14) on engine fan (13).
Ensure engine fan is positioned with mark
facing forward. Failure to comply may result
in damage to equipment.
(11) Position engine fan (13) and fan support plate (14) on
fan clutch assembly (15) with six washers (16),
lockwashers (17), and screws (18).
(12) Tighten six screws (18) to 15 lb-ft (20 N·m) in sequence
(13) Re-tighten six screws (18) to 22-32 lb-ft (30-44 N·m) in
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing com-
pounds can burn easily, can give off
harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin
and clothing. Keep away from open fire
and use in a well-ventilated area.
adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound
immediately with soap and water. Failure
to comply may result in injury to
(14) Apply antiseize compound to threads of fitting (19).
(15) Install fitting (19) on fan clutch assembly (15).
(16) Connect air hose (20) to fitting (19).
c. Follow-On Maintenance.
Install top radiator fan shroud (para 6-4).
End of Task.