6-14. ENGINE FAN AND FAN CLUTCH ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT (CONT)
Perform steps (8) and (8.1) on vehicles serial
number 8427 and higher and on vehicles that
have had the fan clutch replaced.
(8) Remove six nuts (10.1), lockwashers (10.2), and
washers (10.3) from engine fan (10.4).
Mark front of engine fan before removal. Failure
to comply may result in damage to equipment.
(8.1) Remove engine fan (10.4) from fan clutch assembly
Application of 30 psi (207 kPa) air pressure to
fan clutch will free rotation of fan clutch and
allow removal of fan clutch screws.
Both fan clutches are removed the same way.
Fan clutch without studs shown.
(8.2) Install fitting (2) in fan clutch assembly (3).
(9) Apply 30 psi (207 kPa) air pressure to fitting (2).
(10) Turn fan clutch assembly (3) until bolts (11) are visible
through fan clutch access holes (12).
(11) Remove six bolts (11) from pulley damper (13).
(12) Remove fan clutch assembly (3) from pulley damper