Both clamps are installed the same way. One
Install plastic cable ties as required.
(3) Position starter to shunt 24 vdc cable (1) in clamp (6).
(4) Position clamp (6) on frame rail (7) with screw (8) and
self-locking nut (9).
(5) Perform steps (3) and (4) on remaining clamp.
Step (6) requires the aid of an assistant.
(6) Tighten two self-locking nuts (9) to 96-120 lb-in. (11-14
(7) Position terminal lugs TL46 (10) and TL25 (11) on
starting motor terminal (12) with nut (13).
(8) Tighten nut (13) to 15-20 lb-ft (20-27 N m).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing com-
pounds can burn easily, can give off
harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin
and clothing. Keep away from open fire
and use in a well-ventilated area.
adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound
immediately with soap and water. Failure
to comply may result in injury to
(9) Apply adhesive to terminal lugs TL46 (10) and TL25 (11)
and nut (13).