8-2. WTEC II TRANSMISSION ECU PUSHBUTTON SHIFT SELECTOR (TEPSS) AND
BRACKET REPLACEMENT AND CALIBRATION (CONT)
Dry Cleaning Solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves; use
only in well ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do not breathe vapors.
Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using dry cleaning solvent; the flashpoint for
Type I Dry Cleaning Solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for Type II is 130°F (50°C). Failure to comply
may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using dry cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical
help. If dry cleaning solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If dry cleaning solvent
contacts eyes, immediately flush eyes with water and get immediate medical attention. Failure to
comply may result in injury to personnel.
(3) Clean WTEC II TEPSS (3) with dry cleaning solvent.
(4) Sand WTEC II TEPSS (3) lightly at locations shown.
(5) Clean WTEC II TEPSS (3) with dry cleaning solvent.
(6) Cut two pieces of fastener tape (hook side) (4) to 0.625
X 0.5 in. (15.9 X 12.7 mm).
(7) Install two fastener tapes (4) on WTEC II TEPSS (3) at
(8) Install two fastener tapes (1) on WTEC II TEPSS (3) at
(9) Position WTEC II TEPSS (3) in instrument panel
assembly (5) with mounting bracket (6), two captive nuts
(7), and four screws (8).
(10) Position two screws (9) in mounting bracket (6).
(11) Tighten four screws (8) to 9 lb-in. (1 N·m).
(12) Tighten two screws (9) to 27-35 lb-in. (3-4 N·m).