WTEC II TEPSS is capable of storing (logging) up to five diagnostic codes in memory. The diagnostic
code positions are identified as d1, d2, d3, d4, and d5. Diagnostic code position d1 represents the most
recently logged diagnostic code.
WTEC II TEPSS will display the four position diagnostic codes two characters at a time, beginning with
the most recently logged diagnostic code (d1). The following example shows main code 24 sub code 12
logged in diagnostic code position d1:
1. Code list position
2. Main code
3. Sub code
4. Code position repeats - d1,24,12
Display of first diagnostic code (d1) will be repeated until MODE button is pressed to view remaining
diagnostic codes (d2, d3, d4, and d5) or until diagnostic mode is exited.
Any diagnostic code position which does not have a diagnostic code logged will display "--".
(2) Record first diagnostic code (d1) displayed on WTEC II
Pressing MODE button momentarily after fifth
diagnostic code (d5) is displayed will cause
code positions displayed to begin again with
first diagnostic code (d1).
(3) Press MODE button (4) momentarily to view next
diagnostic code (d2).
(4) Record diagnostic code, if any, displayed on WTEC II
(5) Perform steps (3) and (4) for remaining diagnostic code
positions (d3, d4, and d5).
(6) Refer to Table 8-1. WTEC II Diagnostic Code List and
Description for identification of diagnostic codes and to
determine which troubleshooting task(s) to perform.