8-8. WTEC III TRANSMISSION CONTROLS INITIAL INSTALLATION (CONT)
Reference points are from inside passenger
(11) Measure and mark a line 2.0 in. (5 cm) from point A to
point B in dashboard (10).
Position WTEC III transmission ECU in
dashboard with mounting tabs down.
(12) Position WTEC III transmission ECU (11) in dashboard
(10) with single mounting tab over matchmark.
Do not position WTEC III transmission ECU
on weldnuts in dashboard. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
(13) Match mark mounting tabs on WTEC III transmission
ECU (11) with centerpunch.
(14) Remove WTEC III transmission ECU (11) from
Wear goggles when drilling metal. Failure
to comply may result in injury to
(15) Drill a pilot hole at centerpunch points marked in step
(16) Enlarge three pilot holes in step (15) to 0.315 in. (0.8
(17) Install WTEC III transmission ECU (11) under dashboard
(10) with three washers (16), screws (17), washers (18),
and nuts (19).