11-2. FRONT BRAKE SHOES REPLACEMENT/ADJUSTMENT (CONT)
Wheel drum clearance must be checked
along centerline of brake shoe at scallop.
Failure to comply may result in damage to
Record the number of clicks as adjusting
screw is loosened. All adjustments on any
wheel should be within six clicks of one
another. If not, repeat procedure or examine
for damage. Failure to comply may result in
damage to equipment.
(8) Back off brake adjusting screw (5) to obtain 0.020-0.040
in. (0.051-0.102 cm) clearance.
(9) Repeat steps (6 through 8) for second brake adjusting
(10) Remove two screws (2), lockwashers (3), and brake
adjusting tool supports from spider (4). Discard
(11) Install two lockwashers (3) and screws (2) in spider (4).
d. Follow-On Maintenance.
(1) Install wheel and tire (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(2) Start engine (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(3) Road test vehicle and check for proper brake operation.
(4) Shut down engine (TM 9-2320-365-10).
End of Task.