(12) Remove screw (6) and lockwasher (7) from back side
of spider (4) toward front of vehicle.
(13) Install brake adjusting tool support on spider (4) with
lockwasher (7) and screw (6).
Self-adjusting brakes will not self-
adjust without applying brake pedal.
Failure to comply may result in injury
(14) Adjust brake adjusting screw (8) until wheel drum (1)
does not turn freely or until heavy drag is noticed.
(15) Apply and release brake pedal several times to position
Step (16) requires the aid of an assistant.
(16) Readjust brake adjusting screw (8) while turning wheel
drum (1) until heavy drag is noticed.