(4) Apply grease to inside surface of seal (3).
(5) Seat seal (3) on adjusting screw (4).
(6) Install adjusting screw (4) in adjusting sleeve (5). Back
off 1/4 turn.
(7) Apply film of grease on adjusting sleeve (5).
Ensure adjusting sleeve is installed in
adjusting plunger with large shouldered end
up. Failure to comply will cause self-adjusting
feature not to function.
Adjusting sleeve must bottom on shoulder in
If adjusting screw is
threaded too far into adjusting sleeve,
adjusting screw will bottom in adjusting
plunger and automatic adjustment will not
(8) Install adjusting sleeve (5) in adjusting plunger (6).
(9) Apply film of grease on adjusting plunger (6).
(10) Perform steps (4) through (9) for other adjusting plunger
Align keyway in anchor plunger with hole
in plunger housing.
(1) Install anchor plunger (1) in plunger housing (2).
(2) Position lockwasher (3) and guide screw (4) in plunger
(3) Tighten guide screw (4) to 15-25 lb-ft (20-34 N·m).
(4) Perform steps (1) through (3) on second anchor