11-5. REAR BRAKE PLUNGER ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
Dry Cleaning Solvent is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles, face shield, and
gloves; use only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and
do not breathe vapors. Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent.
The flashpoint for Type I Dry Cleaning Solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for Type II Dry Cleaning
Solvent is 140°F (60°C). Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to
(1) Clean all metal parts thoroughly with dry cleaning solvent.
springs, and pawls as a unit.
(2) Inspect adjusting plunger (1), adjusting sleeve (2), and
adjusting screw (3) for damage.
(3) Inspect screw (4), spring (5), and adjusting pawl (6) for
(4) Inspect anchor plunger (7) and guide screw (8) for
(5) Inspect rollers (9) for freedom of movement, and pitting
(6) Inspect spring (10) for cracks, distortion, or corrosion.
(7) Inspect rubber (11) for deterioration or damage.