c. Primary Air Tank Removal.
Tag air hoses and connection points prior
(1) Disconnect air hoses (1 and 2) from branch tee fitting
(2) Disconnect air hose (4) from 45-degree fitting (5).
(3) Disconnect air hoses (6 and 7) from run tee fitting (8).
Vehicles may be equipped with either
corrosion enhanced clamps or non-
corrosion enhanced clamps. Corrosion
enhanced clamps have a self-locking
nut and cork lining. When removing a
non-corrosion enhanced clamp, replace
it with a corrosion enhanced clamp.
Perform steps (4) through (5.1) on vehicles not
equipped with corrosion enhanced clamps.
(4) Remove two screws (9) from clamps (10).
(5) Remove primary air tank (11) from two clamps (10).
(5.1) Remove two clamps (10) from battery box (11.1).
Discard clamps and screws.
11-20. SECONDARY AND PRIMARY AIR TANKS REPLACEMENT (CONT)