11-21. FRONT GLADHAND REPLACEMENT
This task covers:
c. Follow-On Maintenance
Engine shut down (TM 9-2320-365-10).
Air tanks drained (TM 9-2320-365-10).
Tools and Special Tools
Goggles, Industrial (Item 15, Appendix C)
Tool Kit, Genl Mech (Item 44, Appendix C)
Filter Element (Item 13, Appendix G)
Damping Fluid (Item 20, Appendix D)
Packing, Preformed (Item 171, Appendix G)
Antiseize Compound (Item 63, Appendix D)
Ties, Cable, Plastic (Item 76, Appendix D)
Lockwasher (Item 62, Appendix G)
Wear appropriate eye protection when
working under vehicle due to the
possibility of falling debris. Failure to
comply may result in injury to
Both front gladhands are removed the same
way. Service gladhand shown.
Remove plastic cable ties as required.
(1) Remove dummy coupling (1) from gladhand (2).
(2) Remove dummy coupling chain (3) from mounting
(3) Remove gladhand (2) and reducer (5) from adapter (6).
Note orientation of preformed packing and
filter prior to removal.
(4) Remove reducer (5), preformed packing (7), and filter
(8) from gladhand (2). Discard filter and preformed