11-21. FRONT GLADHAND REPLACEMENT (CONT)
Ensure that filter is firmly seated in
gladhand and that top edge of filter does
not extend above top edge of filter well.
Failure to comply may result in gladhands
that leak when pressurized.
(5) Install filter (9) in gladhand (10).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily, can give off harmful vapors, and
are harmful to skin and clothing. Keep away from open fire and use in a well-ventilated area.
If adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap
and water. Failure to comply may result in injury to personnel.
(6) Apply damping fluid to preformed packing (11).
(7) Install preformed packing (11) in gladhand (10).
(7.1) Apply antiseize compound to threads of reducer fitting
(8) Install reducer (12) in gladhand (10).
(9) Install reducer (12) with gladhand (10) in adapter (3).
(10) Install dummy coupling (13) on gladhand (10).
(11) Install dummy coupling chain (14) on mounting bracket
c. Follow-On Maintenance.
(1) Start engine (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(2) Check gladhand for air leaks.
(3) Shut down engine (TM 9-2320-365-10).
End of Task.