11-22. REAR GLADHAND REPLACEMENT (CONT)
(5) Position gladhand (2) in vise.
(6) Remove dummy coupling chain (10) from adapter fitting
(7) Remove adapter fitting (5) from gladhand (2).
Note orientation of preformed packing and
filter prior to removal.
(8) Remove preformed packing (11) and filter (12) from
gladhand (2). Discard preformed packing and filter.
Ensure that filter is firmly seated in
gladhand and that top edge of filter does
not extend above top edge of filter well.
Failure to comply may result in gladhands
that leak when pressurized.
(1) Install filter (1) in gladhand (2).