11-29. AIR COMPRESSOR GOVERNOR REPLACEMENT/REPAIR/ADJUSTMENT (CONT)
Dry cleaning solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves;
use only in well ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do not breathe
vapors. Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the flashpoint for
Type I dry cleaning solvent is 100 ° F (38 ° C) and for Type II is 130 ° F (50 ° C). Failure to
comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using dry cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and
medical help. If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent contacts eyes,
immediately flush eyes with water and get immediate medical attention. Failure to comply may
result in injury to personnel.
Wear protective goggles to protect against possible injury from release of high pressure air.
Failure to comply may result in injury to personnel.
Replace any part that fails visual inspection.
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Clean all internal passages with pressurized air.
(3) Inspect all parts for cracks, corrosion, or wear.
packings, piston, governor bore, and pin
prior to assembly.
(1) Install two preformed packings (1) and preformed
packing (2) on piston (3).
(2) Install valve disk (4) and spring (5) in piston (3).
(3) Install pin (6) and spring (7) in piston (3).
(4) Install piston (3) in air compressor governor (8).