12-5. CENTRAL TIRE INFLATION SYSTEM (CTIS) HOSE ASSEMBLIES, MANIFOLD
VALVE, KNEELING VALVE AND BRACKET REPLACEMENT (CONT)
Perform steps (19) and (20) if wheel is
mounted on vehicle.
(19) Position CTIS hose (17) on hollow wheel stud (18) with
two seals (19) and banjo bolt (20).
Place a screwdriver behind CTIS hose assembly
while tightening banjo bolt to keep CTIS hose
assembly from contacting wheel studs.
(20) Tighten banjo bolt (20) to 22-28 lb-ft (30-38 N·m).
Perform steps (21) and (22) if wheel will be
installed in spare tire retainer.
(21) Position two seals (19), screw (21), and nut (22) on CTIS
(22) Tighten nut (22) to 22-28 lb-ft (30-38 N·m).
(23) Install valve core (23) in CTIS manifold valve (12).
(24) Install valve cap (24) on CTIS manifold valve (12).
c. Follow-On Maintenance.
(1) Start engine (TM 9-2320-365-10) and allow time for CTIS
to inflate tire.
(2) Shut down engine (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(3) Check for air leaks around CTIS hoses, CTIS
manifold valve assembly, and kneeling valve or hose
End of Task.