Left and right tie rod ends are installed the
same way. Left side shown.
(1) Install tie rod (1) in two steering knuckle arms (2).
(2) Install slotted nut (3) on each end of tie rod (1).
(3) Tighten two slotted nuts (3) to 140-180 lb-ft (190-244
If slots in slotted nuts do not line up with
cotter pin holes in tie rod ends, tighten slotted
nut until slots and cotter pin holes are
(4) Install cotter pin (4) in each end of tie rod (1).
e. Follow-On Maintenance.
(1) Lower cab (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(2) Lubricate tie rod end (Appendix H).
(3) Perform front wheel toe-in alignment (para 13-5).
End of Task.