13-5. FRONT WHEEL TOE-IN ALIGNMENT/ADJUSTMENT (CONT)
Chains may not be equal distance from flat
High end of gage may require
adjustment to level out chains.
(4) Adjust wheel alignment gage until both chains are
touching flat surface.
If toe-in is out of alignment perform Toe-In
(5) Wheel alignment gage pointer should read 0 to 1/8 in.
b. Toe-In Adjustment.
(1) Loosen nuts (1) on tie rod clamps (2).
Proper toe-in is 0 to 1/8 in.
(2) Observe movable scale and rotate tie rod (3) to obtain
proper toe-in measurement.
(3) Tighten nuts (1) on tie rod clamps (2).
(4) Remove wheel alignment gage from front tires.
End of Task.