POWER STEERING PUMP REPLACEMENT
This task covers:
Engine shut down (TM 9-2320-365-10).
Cab raised (TM 9-2320-365-10).
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, Genl Mech (Item 44, Appendix C)
Goggles, Industrial (Item 15, Appendix C)
Wrench, Torque, 0-175 lb-ft (Item 57, Appendix
Wrench, Adjustable (Item 50, Appendix C)
Dispensing Pump, Hand Driven (Item 5,
Tools and Special Tools (Cont)
Pan, Drain (Item 24, Appendix C)
Socket Wrench Attachment, Screwdriver (Item 47,
Cap and Plug Set (Item 15, Appendix D)
Gasket, (Item 40.1, Appendix G)
Packing, Preformed (Item 166.1, Appendix G)
Packing, Preformed (Item 165, Appendix G)
Dispenser, Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Tape (Item
21, Appendix D)
(1) Remove fluid from power steering reservoir (1).
Cap or plug hydraulic hoses and fittings to
prevent contamination of hydraulic system.
Failure to comply may result in damage to
Tag hoses, tubes and connection points prior
(2) Loosen clamp (2) on hose (3).
(3) Disconnect hose (3) from tube (4).
(4) Disconnect hose (5) from 90-degree fitting (6).
(5) Remove tube (4) from 90-degree fitting (7).