16-24. M1079 SLING SPREADER AND GUIDES REPLACEMENT (CONT)
(10) Install two lanyards (11) on sling spreader (2) with two
washers (12), lockwashers (13), and screws (14).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing com-
pounds can burn easily, can give off
harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin
and clothing. Keep away from open fire
and use in a well-ventilated area.
adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound
immediately with soap and water. Failure
to comply may result in injury to
(11) Apply sealing compound around edges of sling spreader
(12) Open end cap (5) on two sling guides (1).
(13) Remove cargo sling from two sling guides (1).
(14) Close end cap (5) on two sling guides (1).
(15) Remove two clevis pins (3) from sling guides (1).
(16) Retract two sling guides (1) in sling spreader (2).
(17) Install two clevis pins (3) in sling guides (1).
c. Follow-On Maintenance.
Install front clearance and marker lights (para 16-60).
End of Task.