16-25. M1079 LIFT CASTING REPLACEMENT
This task covers:
c. Follow-On Maintenance
Engine shut down (TM 9-2320-365-10).
Sling spreader and guides removed (for front lift casting
replacement) (para 16-24).
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, Genl Mech (Item 44, Appendix C)
Screwdriver Attachment, Socket Wrench (van bodies
serial number 191 and higher) (Item 42, Appendix B)
Screwdriver Attachment, Socket Wrench (van body serial
numbers 001 through 190) (Item 43, Appendix B)
Lockwasher (2) (Item 81, Appendix G)
Sealing Compound (Item 67, Appendix D)
All four lift castings are removed the same
way. Left front lift casting shown.
(1) Remove sealing compound from edges of lift casting (1).
(2) Remove 11 screws (2) from lift casting (1).
(3) Remove two screws (3) from lift casting (1).
(4) Remove two screws (4), lockwashers (5), and washers
(6) from lift casting (1). Discard lockwashers.