16-26. M1079 SLING BEARING ANGLE REPLACEMENT
This task covers:
Engine shut down (TM 9-2320-365-10).
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, Genl Mech (Item 44, Appendix C)
Sealing Compound (Item 67, Appendix D)
(1) Remove 24 screws (1) from sling bearing angle (2).
(2) Remove sealing compound from edges of sling bearing
(3) Remove sling bearing angle (2) from van body (3).
(4) Remove sealing compound from van body (3).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing com-
pounds can burn easily, can give off
harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin
and clothing. Keep away from open fire
and use in a well-ventilated area.
adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound
immediately with soap and water. Failure
to comply may result in injury to
(1) Apply sealing compound to inside edge of sling bearing
(2) Install sling bearing angle (2) on van body (3) with 24 screws (1).
(3) Apply sealing compound on edges of sling bearing angle
End of Task.