16-27. M1079 ROOF BAIL HANDLE REPLACEMENT
This task covers:
Engine shut down (TM 9-2320-365-10).
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, Genl Mech (Item 44, Appendix C)
Sealing Compound (Item 67, Appendix D)
Lockwasher (4) (Item 78, Appendix G)
(1) Remove sealing compound from heads of four screws
(2) Remove four screws (1), lockwashers (2), washers (3),
and bail handle (4) from van body (5).
(3) Remove sealing compound from van body (5).
(1) Install bail handle (4) on van body (5) with four washers
(3), lockwashers (2), and screws (1).
compounds can burn easily, can give off
harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin
and clothing. Keep away from open fire
and use in a well-ventilated area.
adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound
immediately with soap and water. Failure
to comply may result in injury to
(2) Apply sealing compound around heads of four screws
End of Task.