16-36. M1079 LH DOOR ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
LH door assembly weighs approximately
85 lbs (39 kgs). Attach a suitable lifting
device prior to installation.
comply may result in injury to personnel
or damage to equipment.
Step (1) requires aid of an assistant.
(1) Position LH door (1) at mounting location.
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing com-
pounds can burn easily, can give off
harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin
and clothing. Keep away from open fire
and use in a well-ventilated area.
adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound
immediately with soap and water. Failure
to comply may result in injury to
(2) Apply sealing compound to spacer(s) (2) and hinges (3).
(3) Position spacer(s) (2) between LH door (1), upper hinge
(3), and van body wall (4).
(4) Install two screws (5) in upper hinge (3).
(5) Position two washers (6) and self-locking nuts (7) on