16-38. M1079 WINDOW LATCH AND PROP REPLACEMENT
This task covers:
c. Follow-On Maintenance
Engine shut down (TM 9-2320-365-10).
Window cover stowed (van bodies serial number
191 and higher) (TM 9-2320-365-10).
LH and RH doors opened (115 degrees) (TM 9-
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, Genl Mech (Item 44, Appendix C)
Adhesive (Item 9, Appendix D)
Nut, Self-Locking (Item 154, Appendix G)
Van body serial numbers 001 through 190 are
equipped with five side windows, van bodies
serial number 191 and higher are equipped with
four side windows.
All window latches and props are removed the
same way. Left rear window latch and prop on
van body serial number 191 shown.
(1) Lower blackout shield (1).
(2) Remove screen (2) from window main frame (3).
(3) Open transport lock (4) on window main frame (3).
(4) Remove prop (5) from latch (6).
(5) Open window sash assembly (7).
(6) Remove two screws (8) and latch (6) from window main
(7) Remove self-locking nut (9), screw (10), and transport
lock (4) from window main frame (3). Discard self-