16-40. M1079 WINDOW MAIN FRAME REPLACEMENT (CONT)
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing com-
pounds can burn easily, can give off
harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin
and clothing. Keep away from open fire
and use in a well-ventilated area.
adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound
immediately with soap and water. Failure
to comply may result in injury to
(7) Apply sealing compound around edges of window main
Perform step (8) on van body serial numbers
001 through 190.
(8) Apply sealing compound on heads of rivets (2).
Perform step (9) on van bodies serial number
190 and higher.
(9) Apply sealing compound on heads of rivets (2 and 3).
c. Follow-On Maintenance.
(1) Install window cover (van bodies serial number 191 and
higher) (para 16-41).
(2) Install window latch and prop (para 16-38).
(3) Install window sash assembly (para 16-39).
End of Task.