16-43. M1079 VAN BODY FLOOR TAPPING PLATE INITIAL INSTALLATION (SERIAL
NUMBERS 001 THROUGH 190) (CONT)
Steps (24) and (25) require the aid of an
(24) Remove tapping plates (22 and 23) from van body floor
(25) Remove tapping plates (20 and 21) from van body floor
Wear appropriate eye protection when
Failure to comply may
result in injury to personnel.
(26) Drill pilot holes at locations marked in steps (20) and
(27) Enlarge pilot holes to 1/2 in. (1.27 cm).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing com-
pounds can burn easily, can give off
harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin
and clothing. Keep away from open fire
and use in a well-ventilated area.
adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound
immediately with soap and water. Failure
to comply may result in injury to
Coat all rivet nuts with sealing compound
prior to installation. Failure to comply may
result in damage to equipment.
(28) Apply sealing compound to 12 blind rivet nuts (24).
(29) Install 12 blind rivet nuts (24) in van body floor (2).