16-58. M1079 BLACKOUT/EMERGENCY LIGHT REPLACEMENT
This task covers:
c. Follow-On Maintenance
AC power disconnected (TM 9-2320-365-10).
Batteries disconnected (para 7-48).
LH and RH doors opened (115 degrees) (TM 9-2320-
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, Genl Mech (Item 44, Appendix C)
Tool Kit, Blind Rivet (Item 43, Appendix C)
Goggles, Industrial (Item 15, Appendix C)
Tools and Special Tools (Cont)
Drill, Portable, Electric (Item 7, Appendix C)
Drill Set, Twist (Item 6, Appendix C)
Rivet, Blind (4) (Item 224, Appendix G)
Lockwasher (12) (Item 76, Appendix G)
Lockwasher (4) (for front emergency light)
(Item 76, Appendix G)
All blackout/emergency lights are removed
the same way. Left side emergency light
(1) Remove four screws (1) and lens (2) from base (3).
(2) Remove gasket (4) from base (3).
(3) Remove lamp (5) from base (3).
Perform step (4) on front raceway cover.
(4) Remove two screws (6), lockwashers (7), and washers
(8) from each end of raceway (9). Discard lockwashers.