16-5. DOOR REPAIR/ADJUSTMENT (ALL MODELS EXCEPT M1081) (CONT)
d. Door Latch/Lock Assembly.
Left and right door latch/lock assemblies are
assembled the same way.
latch/lock assembly shown.
(1) Attach control rods (1 and 2), between handle/lock
assembly (3), and release assembly (4).
(2) Install release assembly (4) and two control rods (1 and
2), upward through handle/lock assembly opening in
(3) Seat handle/lock assembly (3) into door opening by
pushing handle/lock assembly toward front of vehicle
until rear of handle/lock assembly can enter opening,
then push handle/lock assembly toward rear until
handle/lock assembly is fully seated.
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing com-
pounds can burn easily, can give off
harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin
and clothing. Keep away from open fire
and use in a well-ventilated area.
adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound
immediately with soap and water. Failure
to comply may result in injury to
(4) Apply sealing compound to threads of setscrew (6).
(5) Position handle/lock assembly (3) on door (5) with
(6) Tighten setscrew (6) to 39-59 lb-in. (4-7 N·m).
(7) Position washer (7) and nut (8) on setscrew (6).
(8) Tighten nut (8) to 39-59 lb-in. (4-7 N·m).