18-9. PERSONNEL HEATER REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
Ensure clamp tongue is started in clamp
Failure to comply may result in
damage to equipment.
(19) Position clamp (23) on heater outlet hose (2).
(20) Position clamp (23) on heater inlet hose (3).
Heater outlet hose is marked with an arrow
(21) Position heater outlet hose (2) on return fitting (27).
Heater inlet hose is marked with an arrow
(22) Position heater inlet hose (3) on supply fitting (28).
(24) Tighten two clamps (23) to 12-18 lb-in. (1-2 N·m).
clamps (23) and heater outlet hose (2) and heater inlet
windows (26) allowing little or no play between
(23) Engage as many clamp tabs (25) as possible in tab
(25) Measure gap between ends of two clamps (23).
0.2 in. (0.5 cm), remove and re-install clamp.
clamp is 0.2 in. (0.5 cm). If gap is less than
Minimum allowable gap between ends of