H-9. LUBRICATION NOTES (CONT)
b. Change oil as follows:
(1) Shift the freespool mechanism to the disengage position so the drum can be freely rotated.
(2) Rotate the drum to where either plug is near the top of the 11K SRW. Remove the plug.
(3) Rotate the drum 90 degrees in the direction that allows the other plug to be near the top of the 11K SRW.
Remove the plug.
(4) Position drain pan (Item 17, Appendix C) under 11K SRW.
(5) Rotate the drum until either hole is straight down to the bottom of the 11K SRW. Allow the oil to drain
(6) Rotate the drum until either hole is at top.
Oil level is full if a small amount of oil runs out of lower plug.
(7) Add oil until a small amount of oil runs out of lower plug hole.
(8) Apply adhesive (Item 2, Appendix D) to plug and position plug in top hole.
(9) Rotate drum until open hole is at top.
(10) Apply adhesive (Item 2, Appendix D) to plug and position plug in top hole.
(11) Tighten plugs to 13-15 lb-ft (18-20 N · m).
16. TOWING PINTLE. Lubricate towing pintle with GAA every 6,000 miles (9,654 km) or once every six months,
whichever occurs first, using a low pressure lubrication gun until new grease is seen purging.
Dry Cleaning Solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves; use
only in well-ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do not breath vapors.
Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the flashpoint for Type I Dry
Cleaning Solvent is 100 ° F (38 ° C) and for Type II is 138 ° F (50 ° C). Failure to comply may result in
serious injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical help.
If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent contacts eyes, immediately
flush eyes with water and get medical attention. Failure to comply may result in injury to
17. ENGINE CRANKCASE BREATHER. Remove crankcase breather and clean with Dry Cleaning Solvent (SD P-D-
680) (Item 71, Appendix D) or equivalent, and replace o-ring seal every 6,000 miles (9,654 km) or once every six
months, whichever occurs first.
18. FRONT and REAR AXLE SPRING BOLT and SPRING SHACKLE. Lubricate front and rear axle spring bolts and
spring shackles with GAA every 3,000 miles (4,827 km) or once every three months, whichever occurs first, using a
low pressure lubrication gun until grease appears between pins and bushings at both ends of spring bolt and spring
shackle. If pins do not accept grease, remove pins. Clean and inspect pins and bushings, replace if necessary. If
operating conditions are severe or abnormal, service at 1,000 miles (1,609 km) or once every month, whichever occurs
19. BATTERY POSTS. Service batteries in accordance with TM 9-6140-200-14, every 6,000 miles (9,654 km) or once
every six months, whichever occurs first.