(13) Position main light switch to OFF
(14) Position master power switch to off
Change 1 2-718.1
(1) Remove three screws and washers from PDP.
(2) Remove three screws from PDP.
(3) Lift PDP outward to gain access.
(4) Disconnect connector J51 from connector
(5) Set multimeter to volts DC.
(6) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter to
connector J51 pin 5 (LH) or pin 4 (RH).
(7) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
(8) Position master power switch to on
(9) Position main light switch to STOPLIGHT
(10) Apply brakes and note reading on
(11) If 12 VDC is not present, got to step 9 of
(12) If 12 VDC is present, repair wire 461B
from connector P51 socket 5 to connector
P74 (LH) or wire 460B from connector P51
socket 4 to connector P61 (RH) or replace
rear lights cable assembly (para 7-75).
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.