Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Set multimeter to volts ohms.
(2) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter to
diode D1B terminal 3 (LH) or diode D2A
terminal 1 (RH).
(3) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
connector J51 pin 5 (LH) or pin 4 (RH)
and note reading on multimeter.
(4) If continuity is not present, repair wire 461B
from connector J51 pin 5 to diode D1B
terminal 3 (LH) or wire 460B from connector
J51 pin 4 to diode D2A terminal 1 (RH) or
replace WTEC II dashboard cable assembly
(para 7-10) or WTEC III dashboard cable
assembly (para 7-11).
(5) Connect connector J51 to connector P51.
(6) Install PDP on dashboard with three screws.
(7) Install three washers and screws in PDP.
(8) Install diode D1B (LH) or diode D2A (RH)
(9) Install PDP cover (para 16-2).
Change 1 2-719