Remove rings, bracelets, watches,
necklaces, and any other jewelry
before working around vehicle.
Jewelry can catch on equipment
and cause injury or short across
electrical circuit and cause severe
burns or electrical shock. Batteries
can explode from a spark. Battery
acid is harmful to skin and eyes.
Always wear eye protection and
rubber gloves when working with
(1) Set multimeter to volts dc.
(2) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter to
terminal in right side of fuse holder.
(3) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
ground and note reading on multimeter.
(4) If 24 vdc is not present, repair wire from right
side of fuse holder to BT2-E1 (para 2-40) or
replace battery tester (para 7-45).
(5) If 24 vdc is present, replace battery tester
(6) Install fuse in battery tester fuse holder.
(7) Close battery tester fuse holder.
(8) Install battery box cover (TM 9-2320-365-10).