Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
(1) Set multimeter to volts DC.
(2) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to terminal lug TL12.
(3) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
ground and note reading on multimeter.
(4) If 24 VDC is not present, replace battery to
starter cable assembly (para 7-70).
(5) If 24 VDC is present, repair wire 14 from
terminal lug TL55 to terminal lug TL9 (para
2-40) or replace start and charging cable
assembly (para 7-82).
(6) Disconnect batteries (para 7-48).
(7) Apply adhesive to auxiliary starter solenoid.
(8) Apply adhesive to solenoid right terminal
(9) Connect batteries (para 7-48).
(10) Lower cab (TM 9-2320-365-10).
Change 1 2-169