Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back or not
capable of making good contact.
Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
(1) Remove instrument panel assembly for
access (para 7-15).
(2) Disconnect connector clamp from
(3) Disconnect connector PX8 from
(4) Set multimeter to volts DC.
(5) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter to
connector PX8 pin 3.
(6) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
(7) Position master power switch to on (TM 9-
2320-365-10) and note reading on
(8) If 24 VDC is not present, repair wire 1546
from connector PX11 pin 3 to connector
PX8 pin 3 (para 2-40) or replace WTEC II
dashboard cable assembly (para 7-10) or
WTEC III dashboard cable assembly
(9) Position master power switch to off (TM 9-
Change 1 2-335