SCAVENGE PUMP SUCTION TEST
Change 1 2-1423
(1) Place drain pan under transfer case.
(2) Disconnect scavenge pump suction hose
at transfer case.
(3) Start engine (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(4) If oil drips or runs from fitting on transfer
case, scavenge is not picking up oil from
transmission transfer case causing it to
(5) Perform scavenge pump suction test.
(6) Shut down engine (TM 9-2320-365-10).
Be sure to shut down engine immediately
after test has been completed. Failure to
comply may result in damage to transmission.
(1) Engage PTO (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(2) Listen for unusual noise or increase
in noise from PTO.
(3) If transmission is noisy when PTO is
engaged, transmission gear teeth are
faulty and / or PTO gear teeth are faulty.
Notify DS Maintenance.
(4) Disengage PTO (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(5) Shut down engine (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(1) Place end of hose in cup containing
approximately one pint of oil.
(2) Start engine (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(3) Select neutral at pushbutton shift
selector (TM 9-2320-365-10) and check
if oil is immediately sucked into hose by
(4) Shut down engine (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(5) If oil is not immediately removed from cup
by scavenge pump, scavenge pump is
faulty due to worn gears. Notify DS
(6) Connect scavenge pump suction hose to
(7) Remove drain pan under transfer case.