Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
(1) Disconnect batteries (para 7-48).
(2) Remove PDP cover (para 16-2).
(3) Remove three screws from PDP.
(4) Remove three screws and washers from PDP.
(5) Lift PDP outward to gain access.
(6) Set multimeter to ohms.
(7) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter to
connector P116 socket 4.
(8) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
terminal board TB1 position 60 and note
reading on multimeter.
(9) If continuity is not present, Repair wire
146 from connector P116 socket 4
to terminal board TB1 position 60
(para 2-40) or replace WTEC III dashboard
cable assembly (para 7-11).
(10) Connect connector P116 to WTEC III ECU.
(11) Connect connector clamp to connector P116.
(12) Install kick panel (para 16-3).
Change 1 2-1596.25