Two steady mode lights are
an indication that the CTIS
has discontinued operation
because a particular
inflate or deflate sequence
has taken longer than limits
allow (40 minutes for inflate;
20 minutes for deflate).
The CTIS may still operate
including modes that are
lit, by manually pressing
the desired mode.
Two steady mode lights indicate
that CTIS is shut off with air
pressure between modes.
To perform deflate or
inflate checks throughout
this task, it may be
necessary to perform the
opposite function first
so that a desired mode
selection is available.
SOAPY WATER LEAK TEST
(1) Remove kick panel (para 16-3).
(2) Apply soapy water solution to supply
air hose fitting at manifold valve
(3) Check for air escaping at manifold
valve assembly, indicated by air
(4) Remove two screws and washers from front
(5) Remove screw and washer from front grille.
(6) Remove front grille from cab.
(7) Apply soapy water solution to supply
air hose from wet tank at cab floor.
(8) Check for air escaping at cab floor
fittings, indicated by air bubbles.