SOAPY WATER LEAK TEST
(1) Apply soapy water solution to CTIS fittings on
outside of wheel.
(2) Observe fittings for bubbles indicating leaks.
(3) With wheel valve still connected to tire,
disconnect wheel valve air supply line from hub
at banjo bolt.
(4) Place open end of air supply line in container of
water. Look for air bubbles.
(5) Persistent bubbles from air line indicate faulty
(6) Connect wheel valve to hub at banjo bolt.
If air line from quick release valve
to affected wheel is partially
obstructed, air line to wheel cannot
escape back to quick release valve
immediately after tire is pressurized
causing wheel valve to remain
partially open and tire to lose
pressure. System will cycle again
when low pressure is checked after
(1) Check air supply line(s) from quick release
valve(s) to affected wheel(s) for constrictions.
See illustration for fitting and quick release
(2) If air supply line is not constricted, quick
release valve for affected wheel is faulty.