7-70. BATTERY TO STARTER CABLE ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT (CONT)
(1) Position terminal lug TL12 (1) on starter solenoid (2) with
(2) Tighten nut (3) to 15-20 lb-ft (20-27 N·m).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing com-
pounds can burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and are harmful to skin and clothing.
Keep away from open fire and use in a well-
If adhesive, solvent, or
sealing compound gets on skin or clothing,
wash immediately with soap and water.
Failure to comply may result in injury to
(3) Apply adhesive to terminal lug TL12 (1) on starter
Both clamps are installed the same way.
Only one shown.
(4) Install two clamps (4) on battery to starter cable
Steps (5) through (7) require the aid of an
(5) Position battery to starter cable assembly (5) on frame
rail (6) with clamp (4), screw (7), and self-locking nut (8).
(6) Perform step (5) on remaining clamp.
Install plastic cable ties as required.
(7) Tighten two self-locking nuts (8) to 97-124 lb-in. (11-14