Table 16-1. M1079 Van Body Accessory Mounting Blind Rivet Nuts
Install Hole Size
(1) Determine appropriate mounting location for accessory. Refer to Figure 16-1 through 16-6. M1079 Van Body
Interior Accessory Mounting Hardpoints.
Wear appropriate eye protection when drilling holes. Failure to comply may result in injury to
(2) Drill pilot hole(s) for blind rivet nut(s).
(3) Enlarge pilot hole(s) to correct size. Refer to Table 16-1. M1079 Van Body Accessory Mounting Blind Rivet
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily, can give off harmful vapors, and
are harmful to skin and clothing. Keep away from open fire and use in a well-ventilated area.
If adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap
and water. Failure to comply may result in injury to personnel.
Coat all blind rivet nuts with sealing compound prior to installation. Failure to comply may result in
damage to equipment.
(4) Coat blind rivet nut(s) with sealing compound.
(5) Install blind rivet nut(s) in hole(s) enlarged in step (3).