9-2. DRIVE SHAFT AND UNIVERSAL JOINT REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
Do not use steel hammers to seat bearing
cups in drive yokes. Failure to comply
may result in injury to personnel or
damage to equipment.
Check bearing cups to ensure all needle
bearings are in place prior to installation.
Replace bearing cups if needle bearings are
missing or out of place. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Wipe end of yoke bearing bores prior to
(7) Position universal joint (2) on drive yoke (6) with two
bearing cups (7) and four screws (8).
When correct torque is reached, bearing cap
screw small hex head will break off.
(8) Tighten four screws (8).
(10) Perform steps (7) through (9) on opposite end of drive
Grease must flow from all four seals. Failure to
comply may result in damage to equipment.
(11) Apply lubrication to grease fittings on drive shaft (3).
f. Follow-On Maintenance.
(1) Lubricate drive shaft and universal joints (Appendix H).
(2) Test drive vehicle and check for unusual vibrations.
End of Task.