13-3. DRAG LINK REPLACEMENT (CONT)
Use number of threads counted from
(1) Position socket assembly (1) on drag link (2) with same
number of threads showing as in removal.
(2) Tighten nut (3) on drag link clamp (4) to 139-171 lb-ft
Drag link must be installed with adjustable
threaded rod end toward rear of vehicle.
Failure to comply may result in damage to
(1) Install drag link (1) in steering knuckle arm (2).
(2) Position slotted nut (3) on drag link (1).
(3) Tighten slotted nut (3) to 139-171 lb-ft (188-232 N·m).
If slots in slotted nut do not line up with cotter
pin hole in drag link, tighten slotted nut until
slots and cotter pin hole are aligned.
(4) Install cotter pin (4) in drag link (1).